Australia PR (Permanent Residency)
Australia is the choice of migration compared to other countries. People migrate to Australia to have a better life. To begin with the PR process for Australia. It takes a point based framework which involves Age, Educational Qualification, dialect Proficiency, and work involvement in years and so forth. All the previously mentioned factors decide your eligibility for PR.
To apply for PR visa, you first need to get an employment offer from an Australian employer, who can help in sponsoring your experience which led into living and working in Australia for upto 4 years. To qualify as applicant of Skilled PR Visa, you need to score minimum 60 points. However, 60 points make you an eligible applicant, but it doesn’t mean you will get the invitation for Australia PR visa as well. For that to happen, you need to score higher immigration points than just qualifying marks. If you are applying for PR via skilled visa, the whole process will take around three months. Most permanent residents can apply for Australian citizenship after living in Australia for four years, provided at least 12 months of this was as a Permanent Resident.
Australian Permanent Residency Immigration Process.
People can become a permanent resident of Australia in different ways. Three common ways of becoming a permanent resident are through gaining:
- A FAMILY-STREAM PERMANENT VISA WHICH INCLUDES FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- partners, children, parents or dependent relatives of an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or Eligible New Zealand citizen.
- children being adopted or in the process of being adopted outside of
- Medical Care assistant who need to move to Australia to provide long-term care for an approved relative.
- A WORK-STREAM PERMANENT VISA
These are for workers who have an Australian employer sponsoring them to work in Australia or have skills that acquire Australian values.
BUSINESS OR INVESTOR-STREAM PERMANENT VISA
People who are willing to relocate there business for exploring future opportunities or interested to get associate with famous Industrialist, those are ranked the highest within the Australia and across Australia.
OTHER CATEGORIZED OPTIONS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY:
- Retirement visas pathway.
- Pathway options.
- Parent visa.
- Contributory Parent visa.
- Distinguished Talent visas.
- Refugee and humanitarian visas.
AN AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENT AND AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN ARE NOT THE SAME.
As a permanent resident of Australia, you generally can:
- stay in Australia independently.
- work and study in Australia.
- enrol in Australia’s national health scheme, Medicare.
- apply for bank loans to buy property.
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
- Travel to and fro Australia as many times as you want until your travel validity expires.
- have consular protection through government.
You may also qualify for other government benefits and services. If you hold a permanent resident visa, but you are not residing in Australia, your eligibility for the above may be impacted. Contact the relevant authorities to confirm your rights and obligations.
UNLIKE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS, YOU ARE GENERALLY NOT ELIGIBLE:
- You must have an Australian passport.
- Vote in Australian Government elections unless you enrolled (as an Australian citizen).
- Approval for Student loans.
- Entrying any Government Services in Australia i.e Defence Forces, Government Obligatory Departments.
- Australia government do not permits your automatic rights to enter the country as per your requirements.
CERTAIN STEPS FOR APPLYING AUSTRALIAN PR.
Step 1 : Working Experience.
If you want to come to Australia to work you will need a visa that suits the work you intend to do.
- skilled workers
- people participating in specific activities
- working holiday makers
- highly specialized workers
- trainees, short term
- experienced business people
- Australia’s offshore oil and gas industry
Not all work visas require a sponsor but having a sponsor can increase your chances of getting a visa. You can find a sponsor yourself, or you can put in an expression of interest using SkillSelect.
Step 2: English Language Proficiency
IELTS Language Ability Report: This is another critical movement for application. The IELTS dialect capacity report is one archive through which you cannot just feature your dialect capacity to migration officers. This additionally gives you the additional support in your general CRS score expected under the several circumstances.
Step 3: Skill Assessment.
This is the step to secure points for Bachelors or Masters Degree, and points for your work experience. To get Skills Assessed, create an account on Engineers Australia portal, which is the official body designated by Department of Immigration, Australia.
Use SkillSelect to make an expression of interest (EOI) if you are a skilled worker or business person from overseas who wants to migrate to Australia. All EOIs must be completed online using SkillSelect. An EOI is not a visa application and there is no fee to create or submit an EOI in SkillSelect.
You will need to write CDR (Competency Demonstration Report) at this stage
The CDR consists of 3 parts:
- Continuing Professional Development
- Three Career Episodes
- Summary Statement
Step 4: Expression of Interest.
After completing step 1, 2 and 3 you are ready to submit your Expression of Interest.EOI is completed online by logging into portal called, SkillSelect. It is completely FREE to submit and it doesn’t take more than 30 minutes to fill in the information. Your Selection of visa is categorized with Skilled – Independent type visa. Enter your IETLS score information, Education qualification, and Employment details. On the Skills Assessment section, select your occupation, as the one that has been endorsed by Engineers Australia in Step 2.No documents are needed to be attached for proof at this stage but reference number for both IELTS and Skills Assessment by Engineers Australia has to be provided. Confirmation process proceeds until 1–3 months, depending on your score.
EOIs will also be stored for two years, but will not be eligible to receive an invitation. You can access your EOI and update your information at any time. It is your responsibility to access your EOI and update your details if your circumstances change. It will be too late to update your EOI if you receive an invitation to lodge a visa application.
These changes may also affect your points score, or may improve your ranking. It is your responsibility to ensure you do not provide any incorrect, false or misleading information on your EOI. If you provide incorrect, false or misleading information on your EOI, your application might be refused.
Step 5: State Sponsorship Application (if applicable)
You may hold Australian State or Territory Nomination or Sponsorship from eligible relative or Nominated occupation must be listed on STSOL or MLTSSL 2019. Australia point test, the minimum eligibility of 65 points to apply for Australia PR.
Step 6: Visa Application
You will have 60 days after the EOI acceptance invitation to make a visa application online.
To lodge visa application, follow the Immigration portal guidelines and attach scanned versions of relevant documents.
- Positive Skills Assessment evidence by Engineers Australia
- Age (Passport or Birth Certificate)
- IELTS Result
- Degree & Employment Proof (same as submitted to Engineers Australia in Step2)
- Residential addresses for last 10 years.
- Travel history for last 10 years within your current country or international countries. (as per information on your passport approved).
- Internships and part-time work information
- Parents and siblings’ basic information (name, date of birth, citizenship).
Once submitted, you will be asked to submit Police Character Certificate (from countries you have lived in the past 10 years) and also get Medical check-up done from the designated lab in your city.
After completing Step 4, you will get an approved Email from Australian Government with PR status approved or vice a versa in just a month or two.
“Fusce non mi at nisl laoreet pretiumulla ut elementum sapien, a pulvinar augueed semper sed tellus in ultrices am simply dummy content hendrerit elit vel urna fermentum congue. . ”
Dustin A. Morgan
( Canada Students Visa )